×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Ella Miller
    Ella Miller
    Hi everyone!! I'm not a writer, but love to write. Plese read my writing can comment for self improvement. LUV<3
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Bye Bye
PG-13
5.7K
0
6
594
9

swap_vert

    The old beige home, but has the magical charm loftily located amidst the pine forest as if it is waiting for someone coming back to a familiar place. A few minutes later, the shiny black van rushes to the parking lot, together with the appearance of Morpheus Evans, the 69-year-old man who fell down the stairs—causing him to have amnesia and paralysis all his life. Under the tree, the new wheelchair is slowly pushed to be in front of that home by his wife. Her short and gentle whisper plus the long breeze that seemed happy woke him up.
     “Honey, we arrived.”
    Phoebe Evans touches his shoulders and moves her oval face, decorated with blonde hair, closer to her husband.
    “Where are we now?” wondered Mr. Evans.
    “It was your old home before you were adopted. Honey.” 
    Madame Evans sighed. The truth she knew from her mother-in-law is about the painful Morpheus’s background showing that he is an orphan due to the death of all his relatives. Morpheus was adopted by a rich family resulting in a better life. In addition, his action told that he never wants everyone to know the history of the orphan who never got love and care from his old parents.
    Suddenly, Morpheus keeps silent. That makes the blonde wife take him to the beige home.
    “Welcome home!”
    As this home has a magical charm, it has many parts which are ready to be used. Two guests are not concerned about the tranquility. Firstly, this home gives them the American cowboy vibe. There is wooden furniture. The wall is decorated by deer head sculptures and fur, including warm light. Next, it is a two-story home. The first floor consists of the vintage kitchen and the toilet. The second one has a bedroom with a brown leather couch, a mini bed, and a plaid blanket. Lastly, it is about the mystery of the first floor—a secret room hidden by a trap door. 
    If his doctor advises that an amnesia patient should be familiar with memorable things, Phoebe will not take him here for an unforgettable deep heart increase. 
    “…A secret room”
    “Yes?” added the woman.
    “Let me in a secret room alone” Phoebe is about to prohibit, but Morpheus rapidly talks back. “Let me in a secret room alone!”
    She finally leaves him and goes out.
    The old man pushes the wheelchair to the bookshelf made of pine and sweeps with his gaze quickly. The red daily book contained on that shelf is a thing that catches his eye-catching. It seems very old and dirty, but believe it or not, he picks and reads it unhesitatingly. 
    “Love me? Stay with me? No one’s going nowhere!”
    When his voice was over, Morpheus had goosebumps. That sentence shows that the writer felt irritable and indignant. He mumbled, “What happened?”
    He knows something happened with the writer. Although his memory is lost, curiosity never disappears. Let's say it can recall him. It is not wrong to read this daily book, isn’t it? “Love me? Stay with me?…”
    …He’s back…He’s back
    No sooner had not Morpheus finished yet than the mysterious voice floated through the air.
    “Who’s there?” 
    Nothing still happens. Then the old man begins to open to the next page. “I don't know who will read this…”
    It is so surprising that Morpheus comes back here and reads a mysterious one. Nobody knows whether it is time that the writer will get an answer or set ‘something’ free.
    ……I don’t know who will read this but I am just the one child that wants to tell some of my painful stories. All of my relatives have died, and I am so lonely. I want love. I want to be cared for like other children. Why am I so alone? All the people I love abandoned me. Whoever, Please… Please don’t leave me alone! If there is someone who falls in love with me and I love you too, please stay with me forever. I won’t let my beloved person go anywhere. I am scared to say bye-bye. I don’t want to say this word!
         The old man reads aloud slowly and flips a paper to read the next page with his long slender fingers.
         I am just the boy that scarcely ever accomplished anything. I am not good at studying like my brother but, he is better than me at everything. My dad and my mom never loved me even my uncle and aunt. They hardly care about me.
         Before my father died due to a Cerebrovascular accident, I cursed my father for always being with me. That was so bad. I know but I won't let him go anywhere. Dad never went anywhere. I saw his spirit made a living, never going anywhere. I'm even more glad to see my father come around like this.
         One day, my uncle and aunt had to move into the city. Why? I cursed them to stay with me forever. Forever and eternity!! I later heard the news that both had a car accident. The next day, I heard the doorbell ringing. It turned out that was my uncle and aunt's spirit. I was very satisfied. I told them. They finally stayed with me!
         My brother needed to study far from home because he got into a famous university. My mom was very happy to know that, but I was not delighted anymore!! I confessed how I feel about my brother.
         “Everyone doesn’t love me. No one cares about me. Everyone loves only you! I never am devoted” I say gloomily.
         “Calm down! You must distinguish, you know? You never succeed at anything. No one can help you, damn! You so suck.
         “Everyone has no power over me! And you will know, even uncle and aunt must obey me!”
         I bluffed him.
         When that day has come. My mom had to take my brother to the university. I cursed my brother for not doing anything thoroughly. But the spirits of my father, uncle, and aunt were coming to inhibit me.
         1 month later.
         My mom began to be sick because of breast cancer. A few days later, my brother died after he went to a camp. After my mom knew that my mom’s condition deteriorated suddenly. On the other hand, I was very happy to know that. 
         I smiled with a smirking face. I looked at the stairs and saw my brother’s spirit. I chuckled while saying 
         “come back?”
         After my brother’s funeral, my mom couldn't stand it anymore, the doctor said that she was in the last stage of cancer. She couldn’t live more than 1 month. Meanwhile, my mom contacted the almoner to adopt me if there was someone who wanted to patronize me.
         I always kept an eye on my mom. My mom told me that you must have a better life.
         “I finished contacting the almoner to adopt you. You should have a better life. Don't worry about me.” said mom.
         “Don’t be worried, mom. Everyone is with us now; they never go anywhere.” I soothe her.
         “What are you talking about?”
         “My dad never loved me. I know that dad was cheating on you. The uncle and aunt flattered only my brother. When I failed an exam, they only sneered at me. The fucking bro too! He always disdains me and sees outsiders as more important than family even though we are very careful of him. There are only you that love me.
          Anger comes to my mind.
         “You know what? Everyone loves you very much.” she added.
         “They didn’t love me if I didn't force them!”
         “What do you mean?” My mother is curious.
         “I've always been with them all the time.”
         Her eyes show me that she wants an answer.
         “Because I cursed my father, uncle, aunt, and fuckin brother to stay with me. At our home!”
         “You! Mo..!”
         “Mom! Please don't blame me. If I don't do that, they'll leave us.”
         “All good things must come to an end. No one can be together forever. You understand?
         “No! God can't do, but I can.
         I was displeased and walked out of the room. It was the same night that my mother was in a severe condition, she had to go to the ICU. I was very shocked. I took care of her not far away, but it was too late! The person I loved the most has passed away.
         I returned home with a dimness. After coming home, I saw all the spirits cry out. They begged me to let them go. I did not listen and walked into the secret room to bring a red diary to write!
        “Mom. I ask you to come back, come back, come back!” 
         A boy cuts my wrist and pours his blood on the paper.
        PANG!!!
        With the sound of light striking, all spirits were sucked into the book. The last one was mom. After finishing, I kept my diary in the old place and walked out of the house. Then I fainted in front of the house with the rain falling like the tears of an unloved child!
         The old man starts. It seems like all afflictions are swooping down on him, and at the same time, many question marks are popping up in his head and can be seen through his blue eyes. How does it end? Who wrote it? And where are the five spirits that this boy cursed?
         Morpheus quickly flips the pages to see the story as if he wants to know how much the result suffered everybody. The long slender fingers try to find it. His face shows engrossed. Unfortunately, the story and its puzzle also remain on the same page.
         A page that has been stamped with red blood!
         Thud!
         Something is blowing away to the floor from the book.
         Morpheus is dumb. His eyes are looking at one. Coming to this old home makes him detect many weird things, especially the feeling that people are welcoming him from the beginning. He reaches for it–the small photo that is hidden in the book–and flips over it for obviousness that he is trying to discover. 
         Impossible!
        The photo of a boy who happily smiled and posed in front of this home. That smile on his cheeks is in high spirits and powerful. On the other hand, it tries to give a clue to a watcher. The edge of the photo was signed to be a possessor. The old man focuses on the sign, afterward, remembers it at once.
         The possessor is Morpheus–Morpheus in a different age.
         It's me…Morpheus
         Damn it!
         The old man feels a piercing pain in his head, and wails. The world empties in the blink of an eye. Please do not tell me that he is a person who cursed my real family. And where are they? Confused…So confused!
         Even though the square room is dim, sunlight, passing through the perforated and small shutter above his head, lights up a corner of the room. The atmosphere around him is getting cooler for no particular reason. The mysterious wind softly and softly touches his skin until he gets goosebumps. He senses that someone is standing behind him. Someone needs to be free from the curse that is created by being afraid of loss and farewell from a boy who grew up hardily and now sits in a wheelchair.
         …My son
         Morpheus turns around. What he sees shocks the 69-year-old man. Five bodies covered with the gray fog step up to talk with him slowly.
         “Finally, you’re back to us…to release us.”
         “Who’s your son? I’m the rich son!”
         He did not take it very well. The truth, past, and affliction return to him and are chaotic to almost make him feel queasy. And then…
         “Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!”
        The big body falls on the floor, i.e., a tough time he cursed and left the real family stuck in the bond which mixed his emotions. One of them is the fear of saying bye-bye.
         “How is he?”     
         Phoebe murmurs. Her beautiful eyes are looking at the trap door all the time. 
         “Wake up! Wake up!”
         The cool voice wakes the special guest up.
         “Ai..ii”
         The headache returns, meanwhile his eyes are widely opened. The seeing of Morpheus is so unclear like the remorseful heart even if he has fled this fault all his life.
         “Are you okay?”
         The real mother asked him kindly. The paralyzed man is crawling to sit inconveniently then casts a glance at five spirits.
         “No one’s going nowhere.”
         Morpheus gasp out.
         “Bro!” At the end of a brother’s voice, he is rushing into the special guest irritably. Suddenly, his father catches him.
         “Stay calm.”
         “You see…Dad was dead. You have always cared about bro! though. This is the reason why I should let you go.”
         “We love you. since you went, we haven’t been happy.”
         His aunt added.
         “Don’t you see that nothing lasts forever? Every life has a way to go darling. Look at yourself. you…you get older and older. What makes you heavy, put it down.”
         Her life was gone, but her motherhood is never buried with the dead body.
         “That's unfair! The time I'm sad. Who will redeem it for me? When you celebrated because my brother just got a good grade, was there anyone who knew that I was hurt alone? And when it was my turn to get what I deserved, everyone went away. Don't love me? Don't want to stay with me?”
         Morpheus at the age of sixty-nine is weeping.
         “We know we hurt you son. But we can't go back in time to solve it. Today, we wanna say sorry, and want you to forgive us as well.”
         The cursed spirits repent.
         The old man closes his eyes, shakes his head, and swallows like he wants to say something.
          “I'm sorry.”
          Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
          “Since I had a new life, I have tried to flee the past…everything. I got happiness that I had never got. Until I met Phoebe…the girl I love, we were married.”
          He is wiping tears. From the bottom of his heart, He feels terrible stabbing pains in his chest.
         “Alright…I will set you free.”
         Morpheus had the true answer that many love him. Despite stubbornness to ignore the past–he hurt his family—it is all over. His family is fading away together with their bright smile like the sunlight before everything in the blue eyes becomes darker.
         “Honey! Honey!”
         Every bond ends in line with the waiting. The leftovers are just a memory and a phrase resounding in his head.
         …Bye Bye
         Since he faints away, he must be under the supervision of a doctor. That is so strange that he is getting worse. Recently, Morpheus’s diagnosis shows he had a major stroke and breaks Phoebe’s heart. After he regains, he gives the blonde wife parting instructions that if he died, his wife and a child would have to bury the red daily book with him for ceasing physical fixedness.
         A month later…
         Morpheus passes away. Phoebe carries out his intention. Although she feels so blue, she is satisfied!
         Do you think it's done, honey?
         Two black high heels tread on the green grass helping the graveyards not to be deserted. A wearer goes straight to the grave which she does not want to be there. The sky now is grey like her clothes and heart. That black dress is so fashionable and brightens her every movement. Then she stops and picks up something from her tote.
        It is Morpheus’s red daily book!
        “I'm so sorry that I didn't throw it away, honey,” said Phoebe.
        No…
        It's new Phoebe.
        “I read it all. That's so touching. You're not different from your father. A fucking womanizer! Not only cheating but also leaving me shameful was terrible. And now, you left me. No. I won't let you go!”
        Phoebe smirks.
        “Don't be worried. I will write it down. Let’s go our hell.”
        She turns back while she is chuckling.
        Nobody knows how long that book will end or if it has a sequel. Sometimes, we should fear the devil's power from a writer because it may increase. Also, ordinary people have love, greed, anger, and lust. As time goes by, they may be stimulated by our hands.
        Physical fixedness is the dark side of people and makes us afraid of farewell. Have you heard all good things must come to an end? Our lives are all good things. To come to an end is death. The point is that before we die, do we dare to apologize and go?
        It may be true that the hardest thing to do is to say…
        Bye Bye

       

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!
swap_vert

X